Masts for lightning and surge protection, regulations and standards.
- All free- standing masts shall be earthed according to the SANS standard.
- All earth resistance tests for Lightning Conductors and Non-isolated air-termination shall be less than 10ohms.
- For earth electrodes in rocky soil, these requirements of 10ohms are not applicable.
- Where Thatch roofs are reinforced or covered by means of steel mesh, Harvey tiles or similar conductive materials, on thatch roofs must be connected to the down-conductor.
- We do maintenance, repairs and install extra earthing for existing free standing lightning conductors.
- Crow-foot type earthing and earth mats.
- The earth and other considerations shall be inspected and tested on an annual basis.
- And in some areas where severe weather changes and extreme weather conditions
- Occur it is advisable to inspect the systems more often
- A lightning mast will provide protection to Thatch roof and all types of structures.
- But will not protect electrical and sensitive equipment within the structure.
- Surge protection will be required to protect these items.
Our certification are accepted by all insurance companies in South Africa.